Finance vs. lease:
the pros & cons
Do you have any goals in mind? Everyone has their own set of interests and needs, whether it's about cars, life, or money. When it comes to choosing between financing or leasing, what's good for one person might not be the best fit for another.
Go Auto Sherwood Park's fantastic finance experts are here to assist you in finding the perfect solution that suits your budget and lifestyle.
Pros of buying
- You own the vehicle
- Drive as many kilometers as you want each year
- When you’ve paid off what you borrowed, you’re free of payments and you build equity in the vehicle
- Add accessories, such as a roof rack, cargo carrier, or running boards.
Cons of buying
- Your car will depreciate over time
- You pay for repairs when the warranty expires
- As your car gets older, the repair costs can be high
- When it’s time to get a new car, it’s your job to sell or trade it in
Pros of leasing
- Possibility of lower monthly payments than financing
- Drive a new car every two or three years and experience the latest features
- Planning on moving or travelling at the end of a lease? You won’t have a car to sell
- You’re not stuck with a vehicle that depreciates over time.
Cons of leasing
- Keep the vehicle maintained and in good condition to avoid extra changes at the end of the lease
- A limit on the annual number of kilometers you can drive
- If you always lease, monthly payments never end
- If you can’t afford to keep the vehicle, you could face expensive penalties.
Leasing from Go Auto
We make leasing affordable and easy.
A few things influence your monthly lease payments, including:
- Lease charges
- The value of the vehicle
- Any down payment you make
- Interest rates
- Taxes and fees
- The anticipated depreciation of the vehicle
Both financing and leasing have their benefits. Whatever option you choose, our professional finance managers will go through all the details and answer any questions regarding warranties and other financing options to protect your investment. We look forward to meeting with you soon to discuss your needs and options!